1) Buy a generic USB cable that fits your phone and has full number of pin connections, because those provide power while connected.
2) Go to http://www.cellphonemall.net/wireless/store/c_data_cables.asp and download the appropriate driver for your cell phone model. If you can't find your cell phone model, find the page of a compatible data cable for your phone. In the same page it should list the other cell phone models that the data cable also supports. Also, there should be drivers on that page as well.
3) Download and extract to a folder on your desktop.
4) Connect your cell phone to your PC, it should find several new devices. Point each manual search to the extract folder.
5) Install BitPim.
6) Run BitPim, with cellphone connected.