When trying to change search providers, this message will come up.
The search provider could not be installed.
This might have happened because:
- A required file could not be downloaded.
- The website is unavailable.
- You are not connected to the internet.
Go into "Temporary Internet Files and History Settings", if you have this problem, the "Current location" should be blank.
- Login as the affected user
- Run regedit
- Navigate to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings\5.0
- Delete (or rename) the following keys:
- Open IE – IE will automatically create new Cache and LowCache keys
- Navigate to Internet Options > General > Browsing History > Settings